40 To Err Is Human Quotes And Sayings
Looking for inspirational quotes about to err is human? We’ve have got the best collection of to err is human quotes , sayings, messages, proverbs, captions, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to forgive and forget someone else’s mistakes and ask for forgiveness if you have made a mistake and move on.
To Err Is Human Meaning: It is a proverb which means it is natural for human beings to make mistakes. To err is the human’ is just the half saying. It is said so because all human beings makes mistakes. It is human to err. God forgive us all for our sins, therefore it is divine to forgive.
“To err is human, to forgive, divine.” ― Alexander Pope
Who said to err is human to forgive divine?
Alexander Pope, poet of the Enlightenment, lent a famous line from his 1711 treatise An Essay on Criticism to the US Institutes of Medicine’s report on patient safety.
What Is the meaning of to err is human and to forgive divine?
The phrase means it is natural for people to make mistakes and it is important to forgive people when they do.
To Err Is Human Quotes
- “To err is human apparently.”
- “To err is human, to purr feline.” ― Robert Byrne
- “To err is human, but it feels divine.” ― Mae West
- “To err is human. To loaf is Parisian.” ― Victor Hugo
- “To err is human, to forgive supine.” ― S. J. Perelman
- “To err is human, to forgive is divine.” ― Alexander Pope
- “To err is human, to forgive is interplanetary.” ― Lights
- “To err is human, to forget it is inhuman.” ― Lokesh Giri
- “To err is human. To cover it up is weasel.” ― Scott Adams
- “To err is human; to admit it, superhuman.” ― Doug Larson
- “To err is human; to forgive, infrequent.” ― Franklin P. Adams
- “To err is human; to blame it on somebody else is more human.”
- “To err is human, but to be paid for it is divine.” ― Howard Ruff
- “To err is human, but to forgive, well that’s right on.” ― Vince Vaughn
- “To err is human. To repeat error is of the Devil.” ― Seneca the Younger
- “To err is human, but to persist in the mistake is ugly.” ― Glover Teixeira
- “To err is human, to persist in error is diabolical.” ― Georges Canguilhem
- “To err is human, to forgive is against company policy.” ― Lew Wasserman
- “To err is human, to repent divine; to persist devilish.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “To err is human. To blame it on someone else shows management potential.”
- “To err is human. To blame someone else is politics.” ― Hubert H. Humphrey
- “To err is human – and to blame it on a computer is even more so.” ― Robert Orben
- “To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.” ― Paul R. Ehrlich
- “To err is human; to forgive, divine.” ― Alexander Pope, “An Essay on Criticism” (1711)
- “I like a man with faults, especially when he knows it. To err is human.” ― Hugh Prather
- “To err is human, but to persevere in error is only the act of a fool.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Good-nature and good-sense must ever join; To err is human, to forgive, divine.” ― Alexander Pope
- “To err is human, but when the eraser wears out ahead of the pencil, you’re overdoing it.” ― Josh Jenkins
- “To err is human, but to really screw things up requires a design committee of bureaucrats.” ― Henry Spencer
- “To err is human; to forgive people and yourself for poor behavior is to be sensible and realistic.” ― Albert Ellis
- “To err is human; but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.” ― Vittorio Alfieri
- “To err is human also in so far as animals seldom or never err, or at least only the cleverest of them do so.” ― Georg C. Lichtenberg
- “[To err is human, to forgive is divine]… but this does not make it desirable to make as many errors as possible.” ― Roger Williams
- “I know there’s a proverb which that says ‘To err is human,’ but a human error is nothing to what a computer can do if it tries.” ― Agatha Christie
- “Sincere biblical repentance is as much a work of grace as not sinning in the first place. To err is human, to make progress is divine.” ― Kevin DeYoung
- “To err is human, to forgive divine. (Acheron) I don’t ask for your forgiveness. I don’t deserve it. I only ask for a chance to show you now that I’m not the fool I was once. (Styxx)” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.” ― Matthew 6:14-15 (Bible Verse)
- “To err is human. Don’t sit and chew on your mistake or someone else’s mistake. If someone else has made a mistake, forgive and forget. If you have made a mistake, ask for forgiveness and move on. Don’t get stuck. Feel free!” ― Sri Sri
- “To err is human… To put the blame of that err on someone is human… And to share that err with that someone is also human… Because to be with that someone is always fun… No matter how far we go… Our heart comes back to that someone…” ― Tavneet Kaur
- “Imagine a different world, one in which people do not spend an inordinate amount of energy fuming against their fate each time they make a mistake. … though we all agree that to err is human, each of us individually believes that he or she is the exception. … Make a mistake? Not on my watch!” ― Veronique Vienne
Which of these to err is human quotes and sayings is your favorite? Do you have any other quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
Also feel free to share it with your friends and family on social media like Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more.