25 Best Annie Oakley Quotes And Sayings
Looking for inspirational quotes by Annie Oakley? We’ve have got the best collection of Annie Oakley quotes, sayings, messages, captions for Instagram, (with images and pictures) to inspire you.
Annie Oakley was an American sharpshooter and exhibition shooter who starred in Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show. Annie Oakley is an iconic figure, especially for women interested in shooting sports. Her skills made her famous.
She is remembered as the legendary frontwoman for Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show, and an advocate for women to learn a sport that was primarily dominated by men.
Annie Oakley Quotes
- “I ain’t afraid to love a man …” – Annie Oakley
- “Aim at a high mark and you will hit it.” – Annie Oakley
- “I aim to misbehave.” – Phoebe Ann Moses”
- “I went all to pieces under the care of a home.” – Annie Oakley
- “Find what you want, hunt it down and kill it.” – Annie Oakley
- “For me, sitting still is harder than any kind of work.” – Annie Oakley
- “Families are nothing other than the idolatry of duty.” – Annie Oakley
- “I ain’t afraid to love a man. I ain’t afraid to shoot him either.” – Annie Oakley
- “Housework is work directly opposed to the possibility of human self-actualization.”– Annie Oakley
- “I would like to see every woman know how to handle guns as naturally as they know how to handle babies.” – Annie Oakley
- “When a man hits a target they call him a marksman. When I hit a target they call it a trick. Never did like that much.”– Annie Oakley
- “God intended women to be outside as well as men, and they do not know what they are missing when they stay cooped up in the house.”– Annie Oakley
- “Clearly, society has a tremendous stake in insisting on a woman’s natural fitness for the career of mother: the alternatives are all too expensive.”– Annie Oakley
- “There are always women who will take men on their own terms. If I were a man I wouldn’t bother to change while there are women like that around.”– Annie Oakley
- “Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” – Annie Oakley
- “If love means that one person absorbs the other, then no real relationship exists any more. Love evaporates; there is nothing left to love. The integrity of self is gone.” – Annie Oakley
- “You want to see my gun permit? – Sure: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”” – Annie Oakley
- “Aim at a high mark and you’ll hit it. No, not the first time, nor the second time. Maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect.” – Annie Oakley
- “Even in the best and most peacefully civilized countries many occasions arise when a woman versed in the knowledge and use of firearms may find that information and skill of great importance.” – Annie Oakley
- “My mother…was perfectly horrified when I began shooting and tried to keep me in school, but I would run away and go quail shooting in the woods or trim my dresses with wreaths of wildflowers.” – Annie Oakley
- “[On Sitting Bull:] The contents of his pockets were often emptied into the hands of small, ragged little boys, nor could he understand how so much wealth should go brushing by, unmindful of the poor.” – Annie Oakley
- “Being a good mother does not call for the same qualities as being a good housewife; a dedication to keeping children clean and tidy may override an interest in their separate development as individuals.” – Annie Oakley
- “A crowned queen was never treated with more reverence than I was by those whole-souled western boys…And for seventeen long years I was just their little sister, sharing both their news of joy and sorrow from home.”
- “Aim for the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you’ll hit the bull’s-eye of success.” – Annie Oakley
- “After traveling through fourteen foreign countries and appearing before all the royalty and nobility I have only one wish today. That is that when my eyes are closed in death that they will bury me back in that quiet little farm land where I was born.” – Annie Oakley
Which of these Annie Oakley quotes and sayings is your favorite? Do you have any other quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
Also feel free to share these wise words of freedom with your friends and family on social media like Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more.